Stalking / Intimidation / Severe Bullying Cases
If you believe you are a victim of Stalking or Intimidation, please contact us immediately and we will assign a Licensed Professional Investigator to your case. Our Private Investigators come from a variety of backgrounds in Law Enforcement, Specialized Private Sector Fields, and the U.S. Military and are prepared to identify your stalker and get your life back on track. We’ll be with you every step of the way and always treat you with compassion and professionalism. We give you peace of mind.
We can work with you and your family to identify the stalker and resolve the issue. Our Firm is experienced in conducting liaison with all manner of Law Enforcement and can help you coordinate your case with local officials. We do recommend you file police reports to document any stalking or intimidation. Our Private Detectives can assist you in making sure you file the most complete and legally sufficient reports possible.
According to the U.S. Government and the Bureau of Justice Statistics, a person is classified as a stalking victim if they experienced one or more of the following on at least two different occasions. An additional factor is whether the individual feared for their safety or for the safety of a family member:
- Receive unwanted and / or unsolicited phone calls.
- Seeing unwanted or bizarre information posted online about you, hearing rumors being spread via electronic media or word of mouth.
- Receiving unwanted and / or unsolicited correspondence, letters or e-mails.
- Been followed or spied on by a specific and unwanted or uninvited party.
- Seen a specific person or persons appearing at certain locations without a valid reason or noticed someone waiting in a specific area.
- Receive unwanted gifts or other items.
We always remind clients our investigations, regardless of type, are conducted with the understanding the information and evidence we collect may eventually be used in legal proceedings. By retaining our services, you ensure we will act as an independent third party documenting these violations of legal code.
Our written reports, video, audio, photographs or other collected evidence may prove to be key in your future civil or criminal case. This can help prevent repeat and long-term abuse at the hands of a Stalker.
The U.S. Government and every state have enacted criminal laws to address this serious issue. According to the Texas Attorney General, the legal definition for stalking falls under Texas Penal Code Section 42.072.
The intent of the Stalker is key. The Stalker or potentially an associated party must have intent or the understanding their actions will instill fear of death or bodily injury to the victim or a member of the family or household.
Threats can be explicit or implied, including veiled threats; however, the threats do have to be aimed at a specific person, meaning they cannot be “general” threats. Threats can be conveyed by the stalker or by someone acting in cooperation with them.
This activity must occur more than once and be directed towards the victim or immediately associated parties; however, more than one police report is not required.
Stalking is a third degree felony in the State of Texas, unless previously convicted of a Stalking charge and then it is considered a second degree felony.
If you are being Stalked by someone related to you by blood or marriage or if you have ever lived at the same location as them or if you have a child in common, we recommend you immediately obtain a Protective Order. You can contact the Texas Attorney General to obtain a Pro Se Protective Order Packet by calling (800) 777-3247. This will help you get an order barring the Stalker from certain areas around your home, near your work or at your children’s school.
Both the Texas Attorney General and our Firm recommend you take the following action if you are the victim of a Stalker:
- Keep local Law Enforcement current on your case and any new developments. When working with your private investigator, ensure you have the primary Law Enforcement point of contact for your case.
- Keep a diary and log of all activities related to the Stalking. As we say in all of our investigations, timelines matter. If proven and accurate, a timeline is often the difference between success and failure in a legal case.
- Record telephone or other audio and video conversations with the offender. Texas is a one party state and you provide your own consent to record the conversation.
- Keep all written or electronic correspondence with the Stalker. This could include letters, documents, text messages, e-mails, social posts or any other related text.
- Inform your friends, relatives and relevant people at your place of employment. This can help protect you and you may gain valuable information on your Stalker. it will also let your friends know that you and even they may be in danger. Keep everyone safe.
If you believe there is any chance you are being specifically targeted for intimidation or by a Stalker, you must take measures to protect yourself, your family and your property. Our security professionals are prepared to meet with you to get an in-depth understanding of your daily life and activities.
After learning your pattern of life, we will have a much clearer path ahead on the best way to keep you safe. We’ll provide you and your family with customized safety plans designed to significantly increase your security.
A cookie cutter approach won’t work as no two cases are the same. As a Full Service Private Security and Investigations Firm, we have a wide array of resources at our disposal to keep you safe and mitigate the threat posed by the Stalker.
Please contact us immediately via phone or e-mail to further discuss how we can help you. Our Headquarters is located just outside of McKinney, Texas and we serve the greater Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex. While we operate across North Texas, we have a large presence in Collin County and our second office is located in Plano. We have Private Investigators working frequently in Frisco, Allen, Plano, McKinney, Richardson, The Colony, Addison, Lewisville and Carrollton.